Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So a few things...

I've been commuting by bicycle for almost 4 weeks now, averaging about 100 miles a week.
Here's what I expected.

1. to be carved out of wood, immediately.
2.to feel stronger.
3.to have lost a lot of weight
4. to have a lot of money saved from not driving.

Here's what I've got.

1. I feel good, or more correctly, I feel better.(I also quit smoking over a month ago)
2. I don't feel stronger, but I do feel better.
3. I haven't really lost weight, although I feel better about myself.
4. I've got some cash.

So, I figure that I'll start to notice weight loss after the next month, since I really didn't change my diet at all.

I think that I'm probably losing 1/2 pound per week, maybe a bit more, but since my salt intake is so high, there's really no way to gauge it due to water weight although I am cutting back a great deal on how much salt I eat.

I assume that I'll start to feel stronger, like noticeably in the next few weeks too.

I'm glad that I did this in winter, I'd hate to start getting into shape mid-summer.

So far no major burdens with not owning a car, dog food may turn out to be a problem, but I think I'll be able to get around that.

Let's Keep It Up!