Saturday, December 13, 2008

At Work

Everyone walks around this place like everything that they do is so goddamned important. Everyone's in a hurry. Just realize that you're in a failing store even though it just opened, your leadership team blows ass and just take a pill and relax.

TAKE THE TIME TO ENJOY YOUR JOB, PEOPLE.

I'm sitting in the training room using the internet. Something that is TOTALLY acceptable in Sarasota but here it's some how taboo. I don't get it.

Life will roll you like a cracked out mugger.

Here's my saturday(saturday's suck) advice.

1.Take your time, there's no rush, just to the grave so slow down("you move to fast, you've got to make the moment last", thanks Paul Simon).

2.Stop competing with everyone for everything, you're not getting anywhere faster than anyone else(we all move toward death at the same rate).

3. Smile at people. It works, honest.

4.Eat really good food. Even if it's not in your budget, you'll reap the rewards and you'll feel better about yourself.

5. Go outside. Seriously, a little sunshine never killed anyone and mother nature may just make you smile.

6. Let someone go ahead of you, it's easy, you just say "no you go first" and hold out your hand in a gesture of allowing them to pass. Shit like that really can make someone's day.

7.It's okay to be critical, of others and yourself but if you're like me and spend the majority of your time alone it's almost to much to judge yourself to harshly. People will forgive you, forgive yourself.

8.This one is optional. Take drugs. Why not let go once and a while?

ALSO, I'd like to mention that I need to add an item to my x-mas wish list. I need a comb. I haven't combed my hair in almost a year. I've been relying on my fingers and the wind, but now I want to get serious and really give those hairs a run through.