Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Lately,

I've been going to the beach, working on my tan. ;) It seems that at the beach there are no problems, you can't hear cars, or construction, or airplanes just the sound of the water and the warmth of the sun. There's also a lot of sea life in the water here, which is cool.

I've been biking a lot. Today I shredded the city, from downtown to vanderbilt and everywhere in between. I think I've figured out my route to work, a route that blends directness and safety.

I haven't had a drop of alcohol in over two weeks. I have been drinking lots and lots of water, home brewed coffee and tea.

Also, I have to put this out there, every bit of Star Wars is believable to me except for in Episode 5 where Luke is offered to come to the Dark Side by his father Darth Vader and instead of joining him he chooses to fall down a shaft and miraculously gets sucked into a tube and ends up hanging from an antenna and then Leia flys over and picks him up just in time. Seriously?

I'm excited to meet new people and hang out with said people. I want to do fun stuff and not have any drama. I've only seen a few people around who I think I can "relate" to, one dude at the library(while I was waiting in line to vote) and a few others in passing while riding my bike. Hopefully there are cool people here who are down for fun times.

I've also noted that such people I can "relate" to are very scarce. Almost everywhere I've been to so far, I seem to be the most "punk rock" person there, or the odd ball which is saying a lot.

Future friends, where are you!?

Ha, here's a picture of the sunset from my bike ride last night.