Friday, August 1, 2008

Even the best laid plans...

So last Friday night I left for my epic trip to bike to Gainesville, FL.



I left at 2am thinking, brilliantly that I would beat the traffic and the heat and I got about 50 miles into the trip before I got so completely terrified that I turned right around and came back home. I'll tell you a few things.
1. When taking a trip that far, go with a buddy.
2. Even with 4 lights it's still dark as fuck.
3. Every passing car will run you over, or contains a car load of escaped killers who want to kill you(at least that's what your mind tells you.)

So with my tail safely between my legs, i got in the truck and drove me and my bike to Titletown USA.



Where i promptly went to a few bars/parties


And hung out with a lot of old friends,


Biked the Hawthorne Trail




Took another self portrait


Felt jealous and embarrassed for Aaron's Kit





Immersed myself in the swamp




Found some wide open spaces at Paynes Prairie



Drove home on Tuesday and shared some pints



And some Liters









Heather and Buddy





Went to a museum with a special lady,



Fixed Gear bikes are everywhere!






Saw a little castle



And some compelling art.



And that is how i spent my summer vacation, and there's still two days left.

hopefully I'll be able to get a good long bike ride in tomorrow night and then it's back to work Monday afternoon!

It's been a great week.